Small-scale businesses are considered the backbone of economies. If yours is a small business, then you are among businesses that are adding great value to your economy. However, with the emergence of newer technologies and larger eCommerce enterprises, small businesses have struggled to maintain their relevance. Now is the right time for businesses to invest in revamping their operations and making themselves capable of catering to more than local customers and reach out to customers on a much larger scale. The best way to accomplish this is to partner with mobile apps development companies and develop apps that can augment your services.
Here are the reasons that make mobile apps development a promising area of investment for small businesses.
- Mobiles are the New Frontier: As smartphone penetration goes on full steam in developing markets like India and Africa, billions of potential customers are coming online making it highly lucrative for small businesses to scale up.
- Constant Usage and Personalized Offers: As applications are hosted on separate devices unlike web services, customers can be targeted specifically and catered to accordingly. These include personalized features and offers that can be sent to the app users.
- Apps can be used Offline: Unlike online web services, some applications can be used offline as well. This makes it convenient for usage by customers who may want to use several offline-enabled functionalities that come bundled with the apps. Such features promote goodwill with customers.
- M-commerce over E-commerce: Today mobile applications are increasingly used to make online purchases and transactions. This is a trend that has been growing significantly over the past few years and is expected to follow this trajectory in the near future as well.
- Preferring Apps over Websites: Today, app-based business is seen as a credible one as it increases accessibility to users and helps them avail services with much ease. The newer generations are more accustomed to placing orders through apps than through websites.
- Customer-related info: Applications are usually installed on devices. This helps them store all information related to customers on the devices themselves as opposed to storing them on cloud servers. This reduces data storage costs for businesses and makes mobile apps development a more viable method to adopt.
For firms that are based in highly developed markets like Singapore, investing in mobile application development for their businesses promises great returns as the economy is highly consumer driven and embraces cutting-edge services. To develop mobile applications, firms can partner with Openwave, a reputed IT solutions provider.